Monday, October 03, 2005

Carputer: update

All right, I have now acquired a slimline DVD drive, and an atapi/ide converter for use in the car computer. I also have received the motherboard that I intend to use. The boards are the AAEON PCM-6890B which use good old socket 370 procs up to PIII 1.o ghz. Everything on the board is a header, so you can pick and choose what you want to have available in your case. I think that the boards are pretty sweet for embedded development.



I have now purchased almost everything I think I am going to need to complete the build on this project, the only thing left is the deal breaker, a touch screen interface for the car.

I am very torn on this part of the project as I have several choices, and some of them are down right affordable. I just can't make up my mind to waste $300 all at the same time.

I will try to get some pictures of the board in the new case, but I am fighting a cold and my work has been loosing people left and right so I have been working a lot of extra days. Not to mention, everyone seems to want my time lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment